Doomsday s193
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fair idea for guild treasure distribution (aka guild battle winnings)

Go down

Fair idea for guild treasure distribution (aka guild battle winnings) Empty Fair idea for guild treasure distribution (aka guild battle winnings)

Post by Adelaine Sun May 05, 2013 12:48 am

Fair idea for guild treasure distribution (aka guild battle winnings) 25180013

Hey Doomsday Very Happy
I figure posting a picture may get some of the guys' attention Razz Now that I have your attention, here is an idea I came up with and posted in an R2 forum, I think we can benefit from it... it is an idea on how to fairly distribute the guild treasure earnings from guild battles. I am unaware if there is a current system in place. This idea doesn't have to be followed... but I think if we implement it, then we will have more attendance at the guild battles, plus overall happier players (except maybe some of the "cashers" like myself may be sore about not getting the chests as often)
The post I was reading was talking about "evenly distributing the treasures" by making a list, and ensuring everyone gets a treasure before you start handing out seconds... that does not seem fair for players who put in more effort than others (or who are more helpful)... I thought that idea was not intelligently constructed... it was constructed out of a quick-lazy plan to appease everyone... but like I said, it is stupid Evil or Very Mad
For example, someone gets a chest just for being in the guild despite not attending any guild battles... fair? NO! Evil or Very Mad
For example, someone attends all 3 guild battles and is in top 3 for each battle... is making them wait several months to get rewarded for their devotion fair? NO! Evil or Very Mad
For example, someone who is 1/2 the level of the other guildies attends all 3 battles and helps but minimally; should they not ever get anything? NO! Twisted Evil

A point system is a necessary first step in fair distribution of loot.

In my system I would have attendance taken at each guild battle ... you have 5 minutes before the battle starts... take that time to check battle ratings and take attendance... then at the end of the battle assign points like this:
You get 1 point for attendance for the first two battles and 2 points for attending the Friday battle (since it is usually the hardest and has the highest stakes). I don't care about the damage meter since holding towers is important too, as is slowing down/killing the other team's strong players before they take the towers or damage our ward tower. Depending on how strict the guild leader is, I could understand deducting some points for not following instruction or for being late, or leaving early... can do something like 0.2 points per 5 minutes, so after 20 minutes you've lost 0.8 points, after 40 minutes you've lost 1.6 points...etc... of course only deducting from possible points you could've gained (double the late penalties on Friday since you get double the points... though it may prove difficult to determine when someone arrived). This addresses the attendance issue...

Now to address the "I'm stronger so I automatically contribute more than you and deserve more than you" issue: Yes it is true strong players can make or break a battle. Anyone who gets bum-rushed by Saruman understands this concept well. However, just because he can sometimes take a tower nearly completely on his own, does this mean he deserves a reward every week? I think not, and this is how I suggest to handle it:
Since high BR tends to mean you help more, do more damage, and hold towers longer than low BR I believe the higher your BR, the more points you should get... high BR doesn't always mean you are more helpful... for example: if Saruman constantly rushed a group of 4 of our strongest all by himself... he wouldn't be helping his team at all... however it isn't possible to keep track of 50 players' actions during a battle... Therefore I believe simply basing this part of the point system on BR alone works... and as I previously said, points can be deducted if directions aren't being followed (after a warning of course)... The following is a formula you can use to determine how many points should be given based on strength alone:

{cube root of [(battle rank - average guild BR)/10000]} points

on Friday battle that is multiplied by 2. You can check battle-ratings during the battle since some players may use potions to help, and some may not... those using potions should be awarded (since it gives an edge over other players the same level) by allowing it to count towards their BR.

Now for some examples to show the point-by-BR system in action:
Our guild average (total guild power divided by # of members) is 17,327 (as of the day I made this plan)
someone who doesn't really exist has BR 60,000.cuberoot[(60,000-17327)/10000] = 1.622 points
Adelaine attends 1 battle, has BR 30,243. cube root of [(30243-17327)/10000] = 1.089 points
Wiseman attends 1 battle, has BR 21,025. cube root of [(21025-17327)/10000] = 0.717 points
random other example with BR 17500 cube root of [(17,500-17327)/10000] = 0.258 points
Onyxa attends 1 battle, has BR 8,575. sq root of a negative number is an imaginary number... therefore BR points = 0

As you can see this formula awards players who stay above the curve in strength... but the gains decrease exponentially the higher you get. So just because you have 3x the BR of anyone else, doesn't mean you get 3x the points. These points, obviously, are only awarded if you are in attendance for the guild battle.

Therefore assuming a guild average of 17,327 the per week earnings (many different scenarios) would look like this:

someone with 33k BR attending all 3 battles would get: 4 points for attendance and 4.646 points for battle rank (total)= 8.6
someone with 33k BR attending 1st 2 battles would get: 2 points for attendance and 2.323 points for battle rank (total)= 4.3
someone with 33k BR attending friday battle would get: 2 points for attendance and 2.323 points for battle rank (total)= 4.3
someone with 33k BR attending monday battle would get: 1 point for attendance and 1.161 points for battle rank (total)= 2.2

someone with 20k BR attending all 3 battles would get: 4 points for attendance and 2.576 points for battle rank (total)= 6.6
someone with 20k BR attending 1st 2 battles would get: 2 points for attendance and 1.288 points for battle rank (total)= 3.3
someone with 20k BR attending friday battle would get: 2 points for attendance and 1.288 points for battle rank (total)= 3.3
someone with 20k BR attending monday battle would get: 1 point for attendance and 0.644 points for battle rank (total)= 1.6

someone with 10k BR attending all 3 battles would get: 4 points for attendance and 0 points for battle rank (total)= 4
someone with 10k BR attending 1st 2 battles would get: 2 points for attendance and 0 points for battle rank (total)= 2
someone with 10k BR attending friday battle would get: 2 points for attendance and 0 points for battle rank (total)= 2
someone with 10k BR attending monday battle would get: 1 point for attendance and 0 points for battle rank (total)= 1

Now it needs to be decided how points are used to reward the chests/treasures. For example: if you are a guild that gets 2nd place every week (9 chests) and you have 70 players you don't want to say something like (earn 10 points and you get a chest) because then after the second week you could owe over 50 players chests and only have 18 to distribute. Therefore this is my idea on distribution, it may suck at first, but overall is the best plan:

Those who obtain 24 points will get a chest (using the above stated point-earning system for attendance and BR). That will give your top active players 3 weeks before they are eligible for a chest. The average-active player 4 weeks, and active weak-player 6 weeks. Assuming the guild only rotates the same 50 players for guild battle... which right now I doubt we even have 35 players at each battle.
after 1st week no one gets anything (+9 treasures). After two weeks you most likely won't owe anyone anything (9+9= 18 treasures). After 3 weeks you will have a few payouts because only the active and strong players will have accumulated that many points by then. I'd assume only 5 players will have enough points (27-5=22 treasures). I said 5 because even though we have a lot of strong players, the likelihood that everyone of them will be in attendance for every guild battle for 3 weeks straight is slim. The next week the majority of active players will be owed a chest... which should be fine because you will have 31 chests by the end of week 4 and I doubt there will be that many players who were in constant attendance. If after this one month period you have less chests (or an equal amount) than you paid out on week 3 then you need to adjust the points up (starting on everyone's second chest) to maybe 26 or 27 points... this is because the top players will be earning a chest every 3/4 of a month...

so if you make earn 36 chests in a month (four 2nd places), paid out 5 on week 3, then paid out 30 on week 4 (leaving only 1 left over)... then you will be in trouble because you will have the all the weak players plus the strong players you will owe soon and that won't be sustainable in the long run... so the requirements for everyone's SECOND chest will need to be raised... maybe as high as 30 if this was the case.

you see... over a 3 month period... assuming 50 combatants, 5 super strong, 30 above average, and 15 weak... you could pay out to the strong players 4 times... the above average 3 times, and the weak players 1-2 times.
So 5x4= 20... 30x3=90 15x 1or2 = 15-30 ... so overall the guild will have needed to pay out 125-140 chests. Yet the guild will have earned 108 chests... that is what could potentially happen.

THEREFORE I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH THAT THE POINTS TO OBTAIN MUST BE EVALUATED AT THE END OF WEEK 4 AND COMPARE IT TO THE WEEK 3 PAYOUTS... THE LEFTOVERS ON WEEK 4 NEED TO BE AT LEAST 33% MORE THAN YOU PAID OUT ON WEEK 3... so if you paid out 9 on week 3... at the end of week 4 you need at least 12 leftover... if this is not the case you need to increase the number of points required to obtain a chest.

However, if the number of chests/treasures leftover at the end of week 4 are like 100%+ higher than what was given out at week 3 then the points required for the SECOND AND ALL FOLLOWING CHESTS will need to be decreased. The reason I say the second chest and all later ones is because it isn't fair to require some people to pay 24 points, then change the rule and have others only pay 16 points.... that wouldn't be fair at all... so all changes will need to be prospective, not retrospective.

As you can see, this model of guild-chest distribution system is the most fair I can think of. Fairness is not giving the same players the chests every week because no matter how strong they are, you can't win a battle with 5-10 players. Fairness also isn't giving everyone an equal share of the loot regardless of the amount of help or effort they put in. I'm one of the top players in my guild, and although the greedy-side of me says "give the top players the loot"... it just isn't fair to do that. The system I outlined here should be sustainable if followed correctly... just don't forget you don't want to make it to the point where you owe people chests.

I would be more than happy to assist our guild in keeping track of this system if I am allowed to implement it Rolling Eyes I could keep track of points and email Vasto the breakdown of who gets what... I can always make a thread on this forum where I post daily battle scores so anyone who sees a mistake can bring it to my attention... and if we can get a witness to verify they were there during the battle the points will be added to their account Suspect (HOWEVER IF THIS IS ABUSED AND DISCOVERED THEN 3X THE POINTS AWARDED WILL BE REMOVED)
I just need the okay from our guild-leader... so Vasto... if you like this system... let me know I love you
<3 Adelaine

P.S.~ If I am unable to attend a battle hopefully someone can take my place and at least get attendance (BR during the battle would be nice too, but if no information is obtained I will just have to assume the BR is what it normally is). What a Face

P.S.S.~ So to reiterate:

1 point for attending on Monday is awarded plus BR points
1 point for attending on Wednesday is awarded plus BR points
2 points for attending on Friday are awarded plus 2x BR points

BR points are determined by this formula:
BR points = {cube root of [(battle rank - average guild BR)/10000]}

Points can be deducted for tardiness at a rate of 0.2 points per 5 minutes and can only deduct to the point that you earn no points for the battle (it can't remove points you previously earned)
Same goes for not following directions of guild leaders... though the point deductions will most likely be at the discretion of the person who warned you multiple times and got fed up with you not listening. I highly encourage guild leaders not to overuse or abuse this though as it will defer our guild-mates from attending (would you go to a battle if every time you went you got no points because you either can't follow directions or make a mistake and never have a chance of getting a guild treasure chest?)

The first treasure will be awarded when you reach 24 total points. After this the points required for your second treasure may be reduced or increased depending on the supply... however everyone will be awarded each chest at the same point value (for example: if we raise the cost to 30, only the people who are working on their second chest will have to gain 30, the people on their 1st will still be given one at 24, and their 2nd will be at 30).

If you like this idea get Vasto to look at this post and email me with the okay to implement this plan. <3 u all!!!
Adelaine
Adelaine
Commoner
Commoner

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum